CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, October 8, 2012

Top Ten Books on My TBR List for Winter




For this week’s Top Ten Tuesday hosted by The Broke and the Bookish, it is a Tuesday Rewind, so the subject I chose is “The Top Ten Books On My TBR List For Winter."

Ah, Winter. Jammies, soft socks, a blanket, a hot cup of cocoa and a good book. 10 extra points if it is snowing outside. Even more points if there is a lighted Christmas tree in view. 



I count Winter as starting right after Halloween and ending in the middle of March because that's basically winter time in Richmond. Will we see snow this year? I certainly hope so or I'll be up in Mount Joy, PA with my in-laws to see some. 

Here are my picks:

1.) Trinity by Leon Uris
2.) Harry Potter and the Order of The Phoenix
3.) Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
4.) Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
5.) The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Keeland (I started this and hated it but everyone keeps saying it gets really good so it better)
6.) The Killer Inside Me by Jim Thompson (kind of weird but want to try it)
7.) In Cold Blood by Truman Capote (no, Mom and Dad, I have never read it - even though I've  heard you guys talk about it for years)
8.) The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky (my friends loved it, my niece loved it, so...)
9.) A book on Everest or the Appalachian Trail - not sure which one; I've read Into Thin Air, Wild and A Walk in the Woods
10.) 'Twas the Night Before Christmas - my husband's family had a tradition of my dad-in-law reading this to his three children every Christmas. Now, my husband reads it to me (and my parents) every year. 


4 comments:

Kate @Midnight Book Girl said...

I approve! ;) The Millennium series is fantastic, but the first half of The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo is a bit slow.

fakesteph said...

I've been dying to read Perks for a while, but Harry Potter is always a good choice.

Holly said...

Good luck on your TBR winter list!

New follower here!

Check out my pick of TOP 10





Holly @ Words Fueled by Love

Kimberly @ Midnight Book Girl said...

We are not getting any snow this year. I know this because I made a deal with mother nature to make this happen.

Obviously I approve of HP and Perks was good too. I liked The Girl with the Dragon tattoo but it takes like 250 pages to get into it. Very frustrating, but once you do, it's all good :)