CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, January 13, 2013

Sundays In Bed With...






I woke up not feelin' so hot even though the weather is quite warm here in Richmond. I had planned to get a lot of stuff done but this scratchy throat and congestion is slowing me down. I did however start on the mountain of laundry (I had been keeping it up for quite a while there; even putting it away in the right places but I got sidetracked over the holidays), got places for Christmas presents (but the kitchen needs to be reorganized due to new kitchen stuff) and I got rid of my old glass coffee table and a couch that I had had for over a decade (thank you, stoner dudes for taking it). So as I am in the middle of doing more chores, I probably won't be reading till later tonight, curled up with a kitty and freshly laundered blankies.

As for Midnight Book Girl's Sundays In Bed With...right now I have started Sylvia Plath's The Bell Jar and I am, so far, unimpressed. Like seriously bored with it. I hope it gets better.

I've got tons of stuff to read though and I can always put Plath on hold. I think I will start on Harry Potter and The Half-Blood Prince - one thing I love about Harry Potter (and yes, this is my first time reading these) is that the series are comfort reads and I think that, along with some sleepytime tea, would be just the ticket. 



2 comments:

Kate @Midnight Book Girl said...

There are books I want to read in theory, but kind of suspect I would not be able to finish because they would seem dull after all the modern literature candy I scarf down most days...

Kimberly @ Midnight Book Girl said...

I will freely admit that I do not really enjoy the classics at all. In fact the only 2 I can think of that I actually really, really, liked was The Great Gatsby and To Kill a Mockingbird. I hope The Bell Jar gets better for you. Though I also hope that you pick up Harry Potter. I've very torn on this matter ;)