CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Top Ten Bookish Goals for 2013



Hosted by The Broke and the Bookish, this week's question is "What are your top ten bookish goals for 2013?"

Since I've only been blogging about 7 months or so, I will need some blogging goals too but for purposes of this list, here we go.

1.) I have a goal of reading 60 books this year via goodreads.com and thanks to my husband, the math comes to 1.154 books per week. Thanks honey!

2.) I want to get into some of the books my dad loves so I am going to finally read Leon Uris' Trinity and Larry McMurtry's Lonesome Dove.

3.) I will finish the Harry Potter series with the final two.

4.) I will add more audio books to my list so I can get something other than anger out of my work commute. 

5.) I want to get back into some survival stories and books about hiking (another personal goal for the year is to be able to get back into hiking this fall).

6.) I will read more biographies of historical figures (particularly presidents) because my lack of knowledge in that area is alarming. 

7.) I will finally read Sylvia Plath's The Bell Jar although I don't know if this is a good goal or not.

8.) I'm taking a break from (with a few exceptions here and there) YA Lit because I really want to get into some other stuff.

9.) I will finally read a few classics that I keep shelving and not opening: A Prayer for Owen Meany (am I the only person who hasn't read this?), Rebecca, Anna Karenina, Les Miserable, etc.

10.) I will continue on my path of reading and enjoying historical fiction. 

Happy 2013, fellow readers! Grab a Snuggie and read on...

5 comments:

Caroline said...

I think that these are awesome goals. I too read a lot of YA lit and I'm hoping to branch out this year as well (ps I haven't read A Prayer for Owen either...) Also, Rebecca is on my booklist as well! I too want to listen to more audio books - the library is a great (and cheap) way to do this! Good luck with your goals!

Unknown said...

I plan on reading a few classics this year too. My goal is about 60 as well, good luck!

Here's my TTT: www.best-of-ya.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Rebecca is an amazing novels! One of my favorite, for sure.

And definitely finish HP! It is such an amazing series.

Good luck on your goals :)

Kate @Midnight Book Girl said...

Audiobooks actually make me look forward to heavy traffic!

Great goals, can't wait for you to get to HP!!! And too bad you weren't part of our book club back when, because we read Rebecca once!

Kimberly @ Midnight Book Girl said...

Great goals! Especially that you are going to finish Harry Potter! And then we can watch the movies!!

Good luck with reading The Bell Jar and your other classics. I feel bad, but I'm not really a classics fan.