CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Top Ten Books I HAD To Buy...But Are Still Sitting On My Shelf Unread


Hosted by the fabulous The Broke and the Bookish, this week's top ten is Top Ten Books I HAD To Buy...But Are Still Sitting On My Shelf Unread

1.) The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo - still haven't gotten to it and my husband got it for me for Christmas in 2011. Yikes!

2.) Red Rain by R.L. Stine - I loved the cover and as a teenager, I loved R.L. Stine so I picked this up immediately and there it sits on my nightstand shelf looking very pitiful. 

3.) Trinity by Leon Uris - Actually I don't have a copy of this yet but I know where to find one and this has been on my list for 10 years.

4.) Cold Mountain - I should have gotten to this over the winter but alas, it sits cold on my bookshelf

5.) The End of Your Life Book Club - loved the premise and had to get it immediately

6.) In Cold Blood - Also been a while since I picked this one up

7.) Helter Skelter - Ever since I was a tween and saw my brother reading this and my mother gasping in horror that he was reading it, I've wanted to read this book

8.) The Trial - by Kafka - I'm about 1/4 of a way through but got caught up in something else

9.) The Casual Vacancy - I was supposed to read for last month's book club but I haven't even cracked this open yet due to other books such as Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows which I'm reading now

10.) Ready Player One - this month's book club pick but probably not going to finish it because I got it on CD and I just don't think I'm an audio book kind of girl (unless it's something I've read a gazillion times like Jane Eyre or Sense and Sensibility)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my, I haven't read RL Stine in so long but loved him too. I read Helter Skelter in high school and it is chilling but a really good read if you like true crime. Old follower stopping by.

Chelsea @ Starbucks & Books Obsession

Anonymous said...

I own two copies of Trinity and have read it at least three times. It's a favorite! I hope you get to it some time.
http://wp.me/pzUn5-1sh

Alex Brennan said...

I've heard that Ready Player One is really good. I thought In Cold Blood was incredibly well written and The Casual Vacancy was pretty good. This looks like a good list, hope you get through at least some of them soon!
My Top Ten
Alex @ The Book Banner

Kate @Midnight Book Girl said...

Red Raid and Cold Mountain (especially Cold Mountain) have been on my tbr shelves for far too long, and it doesn't look good for them!