CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Top Ten Books I HAD To Buy...But Are Still Sitting On My Shelf Unread


Hosted by the fabulous The Broke and the Bookish, this week's top ten is Top Ten Books I HAD To Buy...But Are Still Sitting On My Shelf Unread

1.) The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo - still haven't gotten to it and my husband got it for me for Christmas in 2011. Yikes!

2.) Red Rain by R.L. Stine - I loved the cover and as a teenager, I loved R.L. Stine so I picked this up immediately and there it sits on my nightstand shelf looking very pitiful. 

3.) Trinity by Leon Uris - Actually I don't have a copy of this yet but I know where to find one and this has been on my list for 10 years.

4.) Cold Mountain - I should have gotten to this over the winter but alas, it sits cold on my bookshelf

5.) The End of Your Life Book Club - loved the premise and had to get it immediately

6.) In Cold Blood - Also been a while since I picked this one up

7.) Helter Skelter - Ever since I was a tween and saw my brother reading this and my mother gasping in horror that he was reading it, I've wanted to read this book

8.) The Trial - by Kafka - I'm about 1/4 of a way through but got caught up in something else

9.) The Casual Vacancy - I was supposed to read for last month's book club but I haven't even cracked this open yet due to other books such as Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows which I'm reading now

10.) Ready Player One - this month's book club pick but probably not going to finish it because I got it on CD and I just don't think I'm an audio book kind of girl (unless it's something I've read a gazillion times like Jane Eyre or Sense and Sensibility)

4 comments:

Chelsea said...

Oh my, I haven't read RL Stine in so long but loved him too. I read Helter Skelter in high school and it is chilling but a really good read if you like true crime. Old follower stopping by.

Chelsea @ Starbucks & Books Obsession

rockyriverteenlibrarian said...

I own two copies of Trinity and have read it at least three times. It's a favorite! I hope you get to it some time.
http://wp.me/pzUn5-1sh

Alex said...

I've heard that Ready Player One is really good. I thought In Cold Blood was incredibly well written and The Casual Vacancy was pretty good. This looks like a good list, hope you get through at least some of them soon!
My Top Ten
Alex @ The Book Banner

Kate Midnight Book Girl said...

Red Raid and Cold Mountain (especially Cold Mountain) have been on my tbr shelves for far too long, and it doesn't look good for them!