CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, April 22, 2013

Sundays In Bed With...


Hosted by Midnight Book Girl, what are you (were you) reading this past Sunday?

I've been reading The Memory Keeper's Daughter by Kim Edwards and finished it shortly before book club on Saturday. This book was right up my ally. A decision made by a young doctor changes the paths of 2 women and 2 children. All I can say is READ THIS! I loved it!

Now, on to the next book. I tried getting back into the last Harry Potter but I'm going to have to re-read the 100 pages or so I finished because I've gotten confused since I haven't picked it up in over a month. I know, I know. How can I not want to consume HP immediately? Simple. I don't want to end the series and to be honest, I want to read something else before I finish the series. I read the first 6 books one right after the other and so I am going to read something else before going back to the Deathly Hallows.

But what to read? My goodreads.com account says I am 15 books behind schedule for my annual goal. Oops! Time to catch up. 

What have I been doing lately? Well, my cross-stitch obsession took over for a while and then I got an iPhone and have become one of "those people." :) I also have been busy with different social engagements etc. etc. But I'm determined to catch up on my goodreads goal. 

Currently, I'm trying to decide between the following books - feel free to comment and tell me your opinion:

Ann Rule's Small Sacrifices
Helter Skelter
Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson
Trinity by Leon Uris (long but it's my daddy's fave)
Nineteen Minutes by Jodi Picoult

2 comments:

Kate @Midnight Book Girl said...

Speak is very powerful. 19 Minutes disappointed me. I'm not a huge fan of Jodi Picoult because while I love the plots she comes up with, I can't ever connect to her characters because the books are usually plot driven. Small Sacrifices will make piss you off and want to go to law school, police academy and social work all at the same time.

Katie Pomroy said...

Yeh, I have a feeling Small Sacrifices would be quite hard to get through without getting angry. I heard about Speak from my hairdresser oddly enough. I may try that one. Or maybe Helter Skelter. Not sure yet.