CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday



I wish I had more time to blog these days. Work has slowed down but there are still a lot of changes going on which means more process shifts and added duties that I wasn't expecting. Anyway, to get back to it. Hosted by The Broke and the Bookish, this is Top Ten Tuesday:

Top Ten Words/Topics That Make Me Not Pick Up A Book:

*Not all of these are necessarily words or topics but you'll get the point*

1.) Time travel. Apart from The Time Traveler's Wife, I don't want a  whole crap load of moving around in time - it's unrealistic and confusing. Which brings me to...
2.) SciFi and Unrealistic books. If it's set on a different planet or involves talking animals, I'm generally not a big fan. 
3.) Ghost stories. I liked them as a kid around a campfire but now it' just seems silly.
4.) Cutesy-romance covers. This is part of the reason I haven't read Anna and The French Kiss yet. Plus, I like to imagine what my characters look like; not have them shown to me on the cover.
5.) Girls with flowing, beautiful hair and weird makeup. I get it - this character is sexy and unusual. Snore.
6.) Political books. I steer clear of a book trying to sway me either way. 
7.) Series. I don't do series. I'll read the first one (example: One For The Money) but I don't want to spend my time on the same author and the same story (unless it's really good - like The Hunger Games and Harry Potter!)
8.) Mass-produced, advertised books. I have never read James Patterson and don't plan to. 
9.) Most non-fiction (except for biographies and memoirs) although if it's a subject I'm really into, you might get me to read it.
10.) Steven King books or anybody with the amazing talent to make me want to throw up in response to their gross descriptive prose







0 comments: